Online Permit Application Portal (Accela Citizen Access)

Please Open Accela with a Google Chrome web browser

The City offers a fully online permit application process through Accela for select permit types, including:

  • Electrical – Residential Service Changeouts
  • Mechanical - Residential HVAC Changeouts
  • Plumbing – Residential Water Heater Changeouts
  • Re-Roof – Residential Reroof
  • Solar PV – Residential Solar PV  
  • Planning Master Application
  • Encroachment Permit

Click the Video Below to Learn How to Create an Account in Accela (Step 1)

Click the Video Below to Learn How to Submit a Permit Application in Accela (Step 2)

Click the Video Below to Learn How to Attach and View Documents in Accela

Business Registration

Business Registration Application

The City does not issue business licenses, but a business registration process is required for local businesses.

Home Occupation 

A home occupation is required when a person does business in a home, uses a home address as a business address on business tax certificates, or uses a home phone as a business phone.

Building Department

Building Permits

The Building & Safety Department issues a variety of permits related to building new structures and remodeling or demolishing existing structures.

Building Standards

The Building & Safety Department applies building standards that are specific to the type of structure being constructed or modified.

Certificate of Occupancy Policy (PDF)

A certificate of occupancy is typically issued when a building project is completed.

City Clerk's Office

Commercial Cannabis Permit (PDF)

The City Clerk’s Office oversees the cannabis permitting process for commercial cultivation and/or sale of cannabis.

Engineering/Public Works Department

Encroachment Permit (PDF)

An encroachment permit is required for any person or entity performing work within the public right-of-way. This typically includes utility and road construction contractors.

Grading Permit (PDF)

A grading permit is required when a construction or maintenance activity changes the grade of land.

Parking Permit

Some areas in the Rubidoux and Pedley neighborhoods are subject to seasonal permit parking.

Self-Haul Permit (PDF)

Self-haul permits are required for an individual that would like to transport their own refuse and/or recycling waste to an approved processing facility.

Planning Department

Planning Permits

The Planning Department issues a variety of permits that are typically required at the early stages of projects.