What type of approval will I need for my business?

All businesses require a Business Registration, issued by the City. Contractors and others doing business within the City but based outside the City also require a Business Registration. If you’re planning to start a new business, it’s important to check with the Planning Department to determine if your business is allowed in the zone where you plan to operate.

For more information on Business Registration, call 951-332-6464, ext. 224 or email the department. If you plan to operate a business from your home, check with the Planning Department to see if it qualifies as a Home Occupation. Home occupations are businesses operated out of a home, typically in a residential zone, and require approval of a Home Occupation Permit through the Planning Department.

Show All Answers

1. Do I need a Planning permit?
2. How long does it take to get a planning permit?
3. What type of approval will I need for my business?
4. How can I find out what zone my property is in?
5. How do I request an exception to zoning standards and requirement?
6. What application materials do I need to submit for an example?
7. How much will my application cost?
8. How many bedrooms/units can I have?
9. How tall can I build my fence?
10. What are my setbacks?
11. How tall can I build my structure?
12. How many parking spaces do I need?
13. Can I request a parking reduction?
14. What is a Conditional Use Permit (CUP)?
15. I want to build a detached accessory building on my property, what is the process, what can I build?
16. How do I appeal a decision?
17. How can I comment on a development project?