Housing Division

Housing 1

The City of Jurupa Valley is committed to providing a wide range of housing opportunities for people of all income levels. To accomplish this goal, the city works with local partners to provide a range of services to its residents aimed at finding a home for everyone in our community. The City partners with developers, nonprofits, and/or county, state, and federal agencies to expand the supply of affordable housing opportunities in Jurupa Valley. Please click here for a brochure on Affordable Housing

Affordable Housing Communities and Resources Brochure

Please click here for a brochure on Affordable Housing

Rental Assistance

Housing Choice Vouchers Rental Assistance Program

The housing choice voucher program is a nationwide program for assisting very low-income families, the elderly, and the disabled to afford decent, safe, and sanitary housing in the private market. Since housing assistance is provided to families or individuals, participants can find their own housing, including single-family homes, townhouses, and apartments. Participants are free to choose any housing that meets the requirements of the program and are not limited to units located in subsidized housing projects.

Jurupa Valley's Housing Choice Voucher Rental Assistance Program is administered by the County of Riverside's Housing Authority. For more information on this and other programs, please visit their website.

First-Time Homebuyer Down Payment Assistance Program (FTHB)

The Riverside County FTHB Program is designed to aid low to moderate-income households in the purchase of their first home. Assistance may be provided for the down payment in the purchase of a home. The amount of assistance available depends upon the buyer's qualifications and the price of the home. For more information on this program, visit the County of Riverside's website.

Residential Rehabilitation Program

The Residential Rehabilitation Program was designed to provide financial assistance to low-income households to rehabilitate and preserve affordable housing. These objectives will be met through the correction of building code violations and addressing health and safety concerns associated with their homes. All interested Jurupa Valley Residents should review the City's program website for further information.

Owner/Rental Legal and Mediation Services

The City of Jurupa Valley contracts with the Fair Housing Council of Riverside County, Inc. ("Fair Housing Council") to provide housing services to residents and property owners within the City. The Fair Housing Council is a non-profit agency that serves a variety of municipalities within Riverside County. The Fair Housing Council provides a variety of services to residents, renters, prospective renters, property owners, and landlords. Services include:

Housing Discrimination Complaints & Investigations 

Landlord/Tenant Dispute Mediation Services 

Anti-Discrimination Reporting & Program Oversight 

For more information on the services provided by the Fair Housing Council of Riverside, visit their website

Habitat for Humanity Homeownership Program for Veterans and Active-Due Military

Click here for Housing options for Veterans. Habitat for Humanity is accepting applications from veterans, reservists, active service members or families of fallen service members for a planned 26 single-family home community in Jurupa Valley. Eligibility requirements and the selection process can be found at the above link.

Resources for Individuals Experiencing Homelessness 

Jurupa Valley partners with Path of Life Ministries, a local non-profit, to provide a range of supportive programs for residents. Visit their website to learn more about their temporary shelters, outreach programs, suicide prevention, and behavioral health services, as well as job readiness training and networking opportunities for individuals and families at-risk for homelessness.

Inland SoCal 211

Dialing "211" provides individuals and families in need with a shortcut through what can be a bewildering maze of health and human service agency phone numbers. By simply dialing 211, you can be referred, and sometimes connected, to local help provided by community organizations 

Dialing 211 directs callers to services for the elderly, the disabled, those who do not speak English, those with personal crisis, those with limited reading skills, and those who are new to their communities, as well as many other resources. 

California Mortgage Relief Program

The California Mortgage Relief Program has announced it will expand eligibility requirements to give more California homeowners a fresh start in their homes after falling behind on housing payments due to financial hardships brought on by the COVID-19 pandemic.

The California Mortgage Relief Program offers financial assistance to eligible homeowners through a one-time-only grant that does not have to be paid back. This means homeowners who have fallen behind on their mortgage or property tax payments due to pandemic-related financial hardships can get caught up. Visit the state's website and click "Apply Now" to see if you or your family are eligible.

Mobilehome Residency Law Protection Program (Programa de Protección de la ley de residencia en casas móviles) 

Attention Mobilehome Park Owners and Residents: HCD’s Mobilehome Assistance is accepting complaints. 

The California Department of Housing and Community Development (HCD) is pleased to announce the release of the Mobilehome Residency Law Protection Program (MRLPP) frequently asked questions in English and Spanish. HCD encourages interested parties to distribute or post this flyer to increase awareness of the MRLPP. 

The Mobilehome Residency Law (MRL) is the "landlord-tenant law" for Mobilehome parks, which, like landlord-tenant law and other Civil Code provisions, is enforced in a court of law. The 2022 Mobilehome Residency Law Handbook includes MRL Civil Codes, frequently asked questions, and local community resources. 

Who can submit an MRLPP complaint? Any mobilehome /manufactured homeowner that has tenancy in a mobilehome park.

What types of complaints can be submitted for consideration? Complaints for issues within mobilehome parks related to MRL violations (California Civil Code). 

Common violations include but are not limited to:

illegal grounds for eviction 

failure to provide proper notice of rent increases 

no written rental agreement between the park and mobilehome/manufactured homeowner 

How does a mobilehome /manufactured homeowner submit their complaint? Complaints must be submitted to HCD. HCD provides assistance to help resolve and coordinate resolution of the most severe alleged violations of the MRL. Visit the Submit a Complaint webpage for details on ways to submit your complaint to HCD.

Please note: HCD is prohibited from arbitrating, mediating, negotiating, or providing legal advice in connection with mobilehome park rent disputes, lease or rental agreements, or disputes arising from rental or lease agreements. 

Questions? Please contact the MRLPP at MRLComplaint@hcd.ca.gov or (800) 952-8356. 

A/A: propietarios y residentes de parques de casas móviles 

El Departamento de Vivienda y Desarrollo Comunitario Housing and (Community Development, HCD) de California se complace en anunciar la publicación del material promocional del Programa de Protección de la Ley de Residencia en Casas Móviles (Mobilehome Recidency Law Protection Program, RLPP) disponible en inglés y español. El HCD anima a las partes interesadas a distribuir o publicar este folleto para dar a conocer el MRLPP. La Ley de Residencia en Casas Móviles (Mobilehome Recidency Law, MRL) es la "ley de propietarios e inquilinos" para los parques de casas móviles, que, al igual que la ley de propietarios e inquilinos y otras disposiciones del Código Civil, se aplica en un tribunal de justicia. ElManual de la Ley de Residencia en Casas Móviles de 2022 incluye los códigos civiles de la MRL, las preguntas más frecuentes y los recursos de la comunidad local. 


El Centro de Asistencia para Casas Móviles del HCD está aceptando reclamaciones de la MRL. 

¿Quién puede presentar una reclamación al MRLPP? Cualquier propietario de una casa móvil/prefabricada que tenga un contrato de arrendamiento en un parque de casas móviles. 

¿Qué tipos de reclamaciones pueden presentarse para su consideración? Reclamaciones por problemas dentro de los parques de casas móviles relacionados con infracciones de la MRL (Código Civil de California). Las infracciones más comunes son, entre otras, las siguientes: motivos ilegales de desalojo, no dar el debido aviso de los aumentos de alquiler y no haber firmado un contrato de alquiler por escrito entre el parque y el propietario de la casa móvil/prefabricada. 

¿Cómo puede presentar su reclamación el propietario de una casa móvil/prefabricada? Las reclamaciones deben presentarse al HCD. Este ofrece asistencia para ayudar a resolver y coordinar la resolución de las presuntas infracciones más graves de la MRL. Visite la página web Submit a Complaint (Presentar una reclamación) para conocer los detalles sobre las formas de presentar su reclamación al HCD. 

Tenga en cuenta: se prohíbe al HCD arbitrar, mediar, negociar o brindar asesoramiento jurídico en relación con las disputas sobre el alquiler en parques de casas móviles, los contratos de alquiler o de arrendamiento o las disputas derivadas de los contratos de alquiler o arrendamiento.  

¿Tiene alguna pregunta? Póngase en contacto con el MRLPP en MRLComplaint@hcd.ca.gov o al (800) 952-8356. 

Inclusionary Housing Ordinance

In 2022, Jurupa Valley adopted an Inclusionary Housing Ordinance requiring a certain percentage of homes within newly constructed housing projects to be made available for less than market value. 

In Jurupa Valley, 20% to 40% of owner-occupied households and 40% to 60% of renter households currently spend at or above 30% of their monthly income on housing. These high costs can lead to overcrowding, economic instability, and homelessness, particularly among vulnerable groups such as seniors, farmworkers, working families, and persons with physical and mental disabilities. The City’s Inclusionary Housing Ordinance encourages the production of below-market-rate homes with the goal of housing all community members whether they are working for families or otherwise belong to vulnerable populations.

Here is the Riverside County Affordable Housing Link for more information.