October 5, 2019
Free Disposal: Community Clean-up
Saturday, October 5, 2019
Twice per year, the City of Jururpa Valley partners with Waste Management and Burrtec to provide an opportunity for Jurupa Valley residents to dispose of bulk refuse items for free. Providing this free service to residents helps keep our streets clean and mitigates instances of illegal dumping.
Waste Management Customer Drop-Off Location:
Jurupa Valley High School
10551 Bellegrave Avenue
Jurupa Valley, CA 91752
Burrtec Customer Drop-Off Location:
Lot South of Rick Thompson Arena
8629 Jurupa Road
Jurupa Valley, CA 92509
Residents are encouraged to plan ahead and confirm with their respective waste hauler that the items they are bringing are indeed acceptable. Residents must also bring valid identification to prove that they are indeed residents of Jurupa Valley.
Acceptable items usually include:
- Common household appliances and "white goods" like refrigerators, washers, dryers, stoves, ovens, microwaves, etc.
- Bulky furniture like couches, mattresses, leather chairs, etc.
- Patio furnishings like benches, lawn chairs, metal tables and chairs, BBQ items, etc.
- Electronic waste "e-waste" like computers, laptops, tables, cell phones, charges, cables, printers, scanners, copiers, etc.
- Bulky green waste like tree branches, bagged grass clippings, pulled weeds, etc.
Non-Acceptable items usually include
- Paint - latex paint, old-based paint, primer, etc.
- Fluorescent light tubes
- Motor parts and oil, transmission fluid, brake fluid, anti-freeze, solvant, gas, etc.
- Pool chemicals
- Commercial and remodeling waste
- Weed killers, herbicides, rodent killer
- Fertilizer or pesticides