Brian Berkson, Council Member
Term: 4 Years
District: Council District 3
Email Brian Berkson
As a resident since 2004, Brian, his wife Samantha, and their three children reside in the Glen Avon area of the City of Jurupa Valley. Their children both attend Jurupa Unified District schools and the family enjoys participating in Jurupa Valley sports and family-friendly events.
In preparation for the City’s first parade in 2019, Brian serves on the Parade Committee that is charged with planning and coordinating operations for the event. As an active resident, he has coached AYSO, assists where needed with the Indian Hills Swim Team, and served on the Jurupa Fastpitch Board.
Education & Work Experience
Brian earned his degree in Business Management from California State Northridge and started a water conservation business in 1988. He obtained a State of California General and Plumbing Contracting License. (B&C-36, Licence Number 802077). Currently, Brian is working as a Project Manager for a real estate development and investment banking company in Santa Ana, California.
As a City Council Member, Brian serves on the following local boards:
- Alternate, Riverside Transit Agency
- Alternate, Metrolink Board of Directors
- Chair, Riverside County Transportation Commission, Western Riverside County Programs & Projects Committee
- Chair, Riverside County Transportation Commission, Toll Policy & Operations Committee
- Member, Riverside County Transportation Commission, Future Funding Committee
- Member, Riverside County Transportation Commission, SR-91 Advisory Committee
- Member, Mobile Source Pollution Reduction Review Committee (MRSC)