Verne and his wife, Donna, are the parents of nine biological children and two adopted daughters and have twenty-four grandchildren.
- President and CEO of Nu Acoustics, an acoustical contracting firm, which he founded in 1981.
- Elected to the Board of Education for the Jurupa Unified School District in 1980 and again in 1984, serving as the President of the Board in 1986.
- Held the position of Varsity Wrestling Coach at Rubidoux High School in Jurupa Valley for 15 years from 1992 to 2007.
- Has worked with the Boy Scouts of America for 40 years, receiving several distinguished recognitions.
- City Representative for the Western Riverside County Regional Conservation Authority
- Has worked within the California State Legislature starting in 1994 for Assemblyman Bruce Thompson. He later joined the staff of both Senator Ray Haynes and Senator Dennis Hollingsworth.
- Currently serving as the Chief of Staff for Riverside County Supervisor Jeff Stone
- Elected to Jurupa Valley City Council 2011 - present