Commercial Cannabis Permits
Measure L was approved by the voters of the City of Jurupa Valley on November 6, 2018 and adopted as Ordinance Number 2018-14 (PDF), adding Chapter 1145, Exempted Commercial Cannabis Activity, and Chapter 405, Cannabis Tax, to the Jurupa Valley Municipal Code.
All prospective applicants must carefully review the provisions of Ordinance Number 2018-14 (PDF).
The City Clerk's Office will issue commercial cannabis permits for businesses engaging in commercial cannabis activity within the City of Jurupa Valley pursuant to Ordinance Number 2018-14 (PDF).
Applicant Responsibilities Prior to Commencement
Prior to commencement of commercial cannabis activity, but not prior to the City Clerk processing an application for exempted commercial cannabis activity status and/or issuing a notice of completion of the same, an exemption holder shall apply for and obtain all necessary:
- City approvals that are ordinarily required to be obtained prior to engaging in a lawful, permitted use at the location of the exemption holder's exempted lot
- City certificates
- City licenses
- City permits
- State commercial cannabis licenses
The City Clerk's Office will begin to issue applications to applicants according to the following schedule:
- Priority Applications - The City Clerk will accept Priority Applications from Tuesday, January 22, 2019 at 8 a.m. until Wednesday, February 6, 2019 at 5 p.m.
- January 22, 2019 - City Clerk staff will accept and process applications for "Priority Applicants" as described in Section 11.45.040 of the Jurupa Valley Municipal Code (Ordinance Number 2018-14 (PDF)).
- Current list of commercial cannabis permits (PDF)
- No applicant shall submit more than one priority application.
- Non-Priority Applications - The City Clerk will accept Non-Priority Applications beginning Monday, April 1, 2019 at 8 a.m.
- April 1, 2019 - City Clerk staff will accept and process applications for Commercial Cannabis Activity for "Non-Priority Applicants" as described in Section 11.45.050 of the Jurupa Valley Municipal Code (Ordinance Number 2018-14 (PDF)).
For additional information regarding the City's application and licensing process, each potential applicant must review Chapter 11.45 of the Jurupa Valley Municipal Code (Ordinance Number 2018-14).